Golf tips and expert instruction, golf club reviews and the latest golf equipment.
Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
10 Things You Didn't Know About Cameron Davis
1. Davis was born in Sydney, Australia back in 1995.
2. In 2016 he was part of the Australian team that won the Eisenhower Trophy in Mexico and he was also the individual winner. The Australian team won the team event by 19 strokes and Davis finished two strokes ahead of fellow-Australian Curtis Luck in the individual event.
3. Davis turned professional in late 2016
4. Growing up Davis played soccer, some tennis and cricket growing up and interestingly he cites one of his favorite hobbies at the moment as disc golf.
5. According to his PGA Tour.com bio, his favorite memory was watching Tiger Woods play for the first time at the Australian Masters in 2009. Tiger would win the event by two strokes.
6. Davis always uses an Australian 20 cent coin to mark his ball.
7. So far his sole PGA Tour victory came at the 2021 Rocket Mortgage Classic. He shot four rounds in the 60's to get into a playoff, and he would defeat Troy Merritt and Joaquin Niemann.
8. We believe Davis currently lives in Seattle and as a result he has turned into quite a big fan of the Seattle Seahawks, the NFL team from the city. As far as other sports teams go, we think he is a fan of the Sydney Swans, an Australian Rules football team. Given where he was born, this makes sense.
9. The Australian is a big fan of Japanese food.
10. Davis is six foot four inches tall.
A golfer for most of his life, Sam started playing the game to prove he was the best player out of his father and two brothers.
He quickly became a golf equipment expert and has always been the one family and friends come to for buying advice, and spends a lot of his time putting golf gear, apparel and shoes to the test.
He is a graduate of Swansea University where he studied History and American Studies, and he has been a part of the Golf Monthly team since February 2018. He also previously worked for World Soccer and Rugby World magazines.
A jack of all trades across print and digital formats, Sam now spends most of his time testing and looking after golf gear content for the website. He also oversees all Tour player content as well.
Unfortunately, Sam is not a member of any club at the moment but regularly gets out on the golf course to keep up the facade of having a handicap of five.
Sam is currently playing:
Driver: Titleist TS3
Fairway Wood: TaylorMade M5 (15 degrees), Nike Covert Tour 2.0 (19 degrees)
Irons (4-PW): Titleist AP2
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM7 54˚, 58˚
Putter: Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #6
How Can I Play Liberty National?
The New Jersey course is one of the most exclusive in the USA, but there are a few ways to play it
By Mike Hall • Published
'I Fully Expect Us To Be Underdogs' - Ryder Cup Captain Luke Donald
The 44-year-old is well aware of the formidable task he faces if Europe are to reclaim the trophy in Rome next year
By Mike Hall • Published