Golf Monthly readers have the opportunity to play in the 2019 BMW Golf Cup International
Play In The BMW Golf Cup International At Hillside Or Woburn
We’ve seen Tiger Woods and Brooks Koepka claim the Masters and USPGA so far in 2019 but now it’s your turn to test your game in a Major amateur event.
Here is an opportunity for Golf Monthly readers to tee it up in one of the BMW Golf Cup International Regional Qualifiers, with both taking place on courses that feature in our UK and Ireland Top 100 rankings.
One of them is 2019’s British Masters venue Hillside and the other is the Duke’s Course at Woburn.
The stunning Hillside in Lancashire is a mix of heathland and links, and features one of the best back nines you’ll find on these shores.
Elevated tees on the run in also provide wonderful views to the Lake District in the north and Snowdonia in the south, but these shouldn’t distract from the sheer quality of the holes.
The Duke’s Course at Woburn in Buckinghamshire is the oldest of the three stunning tree-lined courses on the estate, and is famous for its memorable downhill par-3 3rd hole.
It has hosted numerous professional tournaments including the British Masters, Women’s British Open and Travis Perkins Senior Masters.
Golfers that qualify for Hillside or Woburn will have the opportunity to play in the National Final taking place on 03-05 October 2019.
About the tournament
BMW is a global supporter of the professional game since 1989 as the Official sponsor of the Ryder Cup and European Tour.
BMW holds a number of world class tournaments that include the BMW PGA Championship at Wentworth, United Kingdom, the BMW International Open in Germany and the BMW Championship on the PGA Tour in the USA.
Play in the 2019 BMW Golf Cup International –
- Hillside Golf Club, Monday 8 July
- Woburn Golf Club, Wednesday 17th July
- Held at the Old Course Hotel and the Castle Course, St Andrews, 3-5 October
- Leading players from each Regional Final qualify
- On course prizes
- 2019 Final taking place in South Africa in March 2020 – venue TBC
- Leading player from each of the three handicap categories qualify for the UK team
The cost includes the Regional Final and entry into the National and World Finals should a player qualify.
- Gifts on arrival
- Breakfast prior to play
- Trackman session
- Lunch after golf
- Complimentary bar
- Refreshments on the course
Play will be in three categories:
- Men 0-12 Handicap
- Men 13-28 Handicap
- Ladies 0-28 Handicap
Players with handicaps higher than this can still play but must play off 28.
From the Regional Finals, players will qualify to the National final as follows:
- Men 0-12 handicap – Leading 3 players
- Men 13-28 Handicap – Leading 3 players
- Ladies 0-28 Handicap – Leading player
From the National Final, the leading player from the categories above will qualify to the World Final.
- Play will be individual and team stableford
- Full handicap
- Qualification is based on individual scores
- There will be nearest the pin and long drive competitions