12 Things You Didn't Know About Jason Kokrak
1. Kokrak was born in North Bay, Ontario, Canada on May 22nd, 1985. He moved to the United States a couple of weeks after being born.
2. He played high school golf at JFK High School in Warren, Ohio, where he twice led the Eagles to the Ohio state championship.
3. He went on to play college golf at Xavier University in Cincinnati and graduated in 2007. Kokrak turned professional after graduation and was inducted into the Xavier University Athletic Hall of Fame in December 2015.
4. Kokrak won twice in 2011 on the Nationwide Tour which assured him of a 2012 PGA Tour card. It would take him until October 2020 to win his first PGA Tour title at the CJ Cup at Shadow Creek. It was his 233rd start on the PGA Tour.
5. Despite only winning twice on the PGA Tour so far, Kokrak has been incredibly consistent in his PGA Tour career, making it to the FedEx Cup Playoffs every year from 2013 onwards.
6. He appears to have an equipment contract with PXG but we believe it is just to play irons from the brand. The rest of his bag is a mix-and-match collection of brands.
7. Kokrak's wife is called Stephanie Mrofchak and they have two children together called Declan and Landon John.
8. His lowest round on the PGA Tour is a 62. He has actually shot this twice, at the 2017 AT&T Byron Nelson, and 2021 Sony Open in Hawaii.
9. His favorite golf course is Oakmont.
10. He has earned over $19 million in his career so far.
11. We believe he is a partner with Eagle Rare Life, a company based in Kentucky that makes varieties of award-winning bourbon whiskey.
12. His favorite teams are the Ohio State Buckeyes and the professional sports teams in Cleveland. He also currently lives in Cleveland according to PGA Tour.com.
Get the Golf Monthly Newsletter
Subscribe to the Golf Monthly newsletter to stay up to date with all the latest tour news, equipment news, reviews, head-to-heads and buyer’s guides from our team of experienced experts.
A golfer for most of his life, Sam is a Senior Staff Writer for Golf Monthly.
Working with golf gear and equipment over the last six years, Sam has quickly built outstanding knowledge and expertise on golf products ranging from drivers, to balls, to shoes.
He combines this knowledge with a passion for helping golfers get the best gear for them, and as such Sam manages a team of writers that look to deliver the most accurate and informative reviews and buying advice. This is so the reader can find exactly what they are looking for.
Sam now spends most of his time testing and looking after golf gear content for the website, whilst he is also responsible for all content related to golf apparel.
He also oversees all Tour player content as well so if you need to know what clubs Tiger or Rory has in play, Sam is the person to ask.
Unfortunately, Sam is not a member of any club at the moment but regularly gets out on the golf course to keep up the facade of having a handicap of five.
Sam's What's In The Bag:
Driver: Titleist TS3 (9 degrees)
Fairway Wood: Callaway Paradym (15 degrees), Nike Covert Tour 2.0 (19 degrees)
Irons (4-PW): Titleist AP2
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM7 54˚, 58˚
Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5
Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond
Do You Really Need A Lob Wedge?
Does a lob wedge hinder your game more than improve it? Former mini-tour professional Sam De’Ath shares his thoughts
By Sam De'Ath Published
Is This $13 Training Aid The Secret Behind Scottie Scheffler’s Ball Striking Dominance?
PGA Pro and Golf Monthly staff writer Joe Ferguson examines how a unique practice club could be the secret behind Scottie Scheffler's dominant ball striking
By Joe Ferguson Published