Want to spice up your Open Championship viewing? Why not try our Open Championship drinking game
Open Championship Drinking Game
Want to spice up your Open Championship viewing? Why not try our Open Championship drinking game...
If you're planning on watching the action unfold at Royal St. George's this weekend - or even on Friday, if you're that way inclined - make things more interesting by incorporating the below into your spectating schedule.
Of course, please drink responsibly and use this game as a bit of fun so you can actually remember the day's play the following morning.
The rules are simple: two fingers or a swig when the following things happen:
- Every time a commentator mentions another course on the Open rota
- Every time Wayne Riley mentions an Aussie player
- Every time you find yourself humming along to Sky's Open Championship theme tune
- Every time someone mentions links golf is a 'proper test'
- Every time someone mentions Jean Van De Velde's collapse at Carnoustie
- Every time a commentator makes a reference to how things were in their playing days
- Every time a commentator talks about how far players hit the ball these days (have an extra swig if it's Bryson)
- Every time Tiger Woods going in no bunkers during his victory in 2000 is mentioned
- Every time a player is stuck up the face of a pot bunker
- Every time the phrase ‘Grand Slam’ is used
- Every time it's mentioned that Jordan Spieth got a free drop from the driving range in 2017
- Every time Darren Clarke's 2011 victory is mentioned
- Every time someone mentions the 'Open vs British Open' debate
- Every time the Silver Medal is mentioned
- Every time Phil Mickelson puts his thumbs up
- Every time Seve’s matador-like celebration in 1984 is shown or mentioned
Extra: have another swig if you shed a tear for any of the above
Dan is a Staff Writer and has been with the Golf Monthly team since early 2021. Dan graduated with a Masters in International Journalism from the University of Sussex and primarily looks after equipment reviews and buyer's guides on the website. Dan was a custom fit specialist at American Golf for two years and has brought his expertise in golf equipment to a huge range of buyer's guides and reviews on the website. A left handed golfer, his handicap index is currently 9.8 and he plays at Fulford Heath Golf Club in the West Midlands. His golfing highlight is shooting 76 at Essendon Golf Club on his first ever round with his Golf Monthly colleagues. Dan also runs his own cricket podcast and website in his spare time.
Dan is currently playing:
Driver: Ping G425 Max
Fairway: Ping G425 Max
Hybrid: TaylorMade Rocketballz
Irons: Ping i59 (4-PW)
Wedges: Ping Glide Forged Pro
Putter: Wilson Staff Infinite Buckingham
Ball: TaylorMade TP5 Pix
Colin Montgomerie: PGA And DP World Tours Must 'Fight Off' Saudi Threat
The Scotsman hopes the strategic alliance between golf's two premier circuits is strong enough to stave off the Saudi-backed Super Golf League
By Andrew Wright • Published
Report: Bryson DeChambeau Shatters Caddie Car Windscreens With Driving Range Bombs
The big-hitting American reportedly smashed two car windscreens after “shipping balls over the fence” at Torrey Pines
By Matt Cradock • Published