Thank you for signing up to Golf Monthly. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
7 Things You Didn't Know About Robert Dinwiddie
1. Dinwiddie was born Dumfries, Scotland back in 1982 but we believe he currently resides in Wandsworth, England.
2. Boasted a formidable amateur record before turning professional at the end of 2006 upon graduating from the Tennessee State University. Whilst there we are yet to confirm what he studied.
3. He played in the 2005 Walker Cup and collected the 2005 Scottish and Welsh Amateur Open Stroke Play Championships as well as the English edition in 2006. His record at the 2005 Walker Cup, hosted at Chicago Golf Club, was one win, one loss, and one half. The United States won the event 12.5-11.5.
4. Dinwiddie secured his maiden professional win at the 2007 Scottish Challenge and waited just seven days to add a second title – the Rolex Trophy. He won a third Challenge Tour title in 2010 at the Kenya Open.
5. At the time of writing Dinwiddie has played in five Majors. With his 2022 Open Championship result to come, his best finish at a Major came at the 2008 US Open in which he finished in a tie for 36th.
6. Finished 12th on the Challenge Tour Rankings in 2013 to graduate to the DP World Tour (then European Tour) for the third time. He twice came runner-up and had two more top tens in an impressive season, which followed a four-month spell away from the game traveling in Thailand.
7. In the past, when he hasn't been playing golf, he has been working part time at his friend’s construction company.
Get the Golf Monthly Newsletter
Tips on how to play better, latest equipment reviews, interviews with the biggest names and more.
A golfer for most of his life, Sam is a Senior Staff Writer for Golf Monthly.
Working with golf gear and equipment over the last six years, Sam has quickly built outstanding knowledge and expertise on golf products ranging from drivers, to balls, to shoes.
He combines this knowledge with a passion for helping golfers get the best gear for them, and as such Sam manages a team of writers that look to deliver the most accurate and informative reviews and buying advice. This is so the reader can find exactly what they are looking for.
Sam now spends most of his time testing and looking after golf gear content for the website, whilst he is also responsible for all content related to golf apparel.
He also oversees all Tour player content as well so if you need to know what clubs Tiger or Rory has in play, Sam is the person to ask.
Unfortunately, Sam is not a member of any club at the moment but regularly gets out on the golf course to keep up the facade of having a handicap of five.
Sam's What's In The Bag:
Driver: Titleist TS3 (9 degrees)
Fairway Wood: Callaway Paradym (15 degrees), Nike Covert Tour 2.0 (19 degrees)
Irons (4-PW): Titleist AP2
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM7 54˚, 58˚
Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5
Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond
Where Is The Solheim Cup In 2026?
We take a look at where the biggest clash in women's golf will take place in 2026
By Jonny Leighfield Published
Solheim Cup Singles Scores And Live Updates - First Point Goes To Europe
The singles matches are in the closing stretches at Finca Cortesin on the final day of the 2023 Solheim Cup - who will win? Follow our live updates and scores
By Alison Root Last updated