Get to know Denmark's JB Hansen a little better...
15 Things You Didn't Know About Joachim B Hansen
1. He was born in Hillerod, around 30km north of Copenhagen, Denmark
2. He started playing golf at the age of 12
3. He won the individual leaderboard at the 2010 Eisenhower Trophy, where Team Denmark finished 2nd to France out of 69 nations
4. He won the 2010 Golf Experten Open on the Nordic Golf League whilst still an amateur
5. He turned professional in 2010
6. He led the 2013 Scottish Open but fell back after a quadruple-bogey 9 on his second hole in the final round before finishing T3rd. He birdied seven of the next eight holes after his nine.
7. He had to wait eight years for his first tour victory as a professional, coming at the 2018 Mediter Real Estate Masters on the Nordic Golf League
8. He would then go on to win twice on the Challenge Tour in 2018 at the Turkish Airlines Challenge and Made in Denmark Challenge
9. He went on to win the Challenge Tour Order of Merit in 2018 to earn his 2019 European Tour card
10. He won his maiden European Tour title at the 2020 Joburg Open
11. He qualified for Denmark to play in the Tokyo 2020 Olympics
12. He cites his interests as golf and football
13. He supports 11-time Danish football champions Brondby IF
14. He is attached to The Scandinavian Golf Club
15. He is a Titleist brand ambassador
Get the Golf Monthly Newsletter
Subscribe to the Golf Monthly newsletter to stay up to date with all the latest tour news, equipment news, reviews, head-to-heads and buyer’s guides from our team of experienced experts.
Elliott Heath is our News Editor and has been with Golf Monthly since early 2016 after graduating with a degree in Sports Journalism. He manages the Golf Monthly news, features, courses and travel sections as well as our large Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages. He covered the 2022 Masters from Augusta National as well as four Open Championships on-site including the 150th at St Andrews. His first Open was in 2017 at Royal Birkdale, when he walked inside the ropes with Jordan Spieth during the Texan's memorable Claret Jug triumph. He has played 35 of our Top 100 golf courses, with his favourites being both Sunningdales, Woodhall Spa, Western Gailes, Old Head and Turnberry. He has been obsessed with the sport since the age of 8 and currently plays at West Byfleet Golf Club in Surrey, where his handicap index floats anywhere between 2-5. His golfing highlights are making albatross on the 9th hole on the Hotchkin Course at Woodhall Spa, shooting an under-par round, playing in the Aramco Team Series on the Ladies European Tour and making his one and only hole-in-one at the age of 15 - a long time ago now!
Elliott is currently playing:
Driver: Titleist TSR4
3 wood: Titleist TSi2 HL
Irons: Mizuno MP-H4 3-iron, Mizuno MP5 4-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX ZipCore 50, 54, 58
Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG #5
Pro Says New PGA Tour Changes Are 'A Kick In The Teeth'
Callum Tarren says the changes creating a two-tiered PGA Tour were "a kick in the teeth" for players like him, who have to play so many events to keep their card
By Paul Higham Published
7 Ways To Personalise Your Golf Gear
Looking for ways to add some flair into your golf equipment? It's easier than you think...
By Joe Ferguson Published