9 Things You Didn't Know About Talor Gooch
1. Gooch was born in Oklahoma and went to the Oklahoma State University as well.
2. At age 9, when he won a U.S. Kids Golf World Championship, Talor started thinking about life on the PGA Tour. He grew up playing all sports but when he was 12 played in the Little League World Series.
3. Gooch turned professional in 2014 after a succesfful college career. He was amed first-team All-Big 12 selection as a sophomore in 2012 and was runner-up at the Big 12 Championship with a 3-over 213 that included rounds of 70-69- 74.
4. His dream foursome would include his dad, Kelsey Cline and Steve Ball.
5. His father, Ron Gooch, spent five seasons in the minor league system of the Texas Rangers.
6. Many may wonder if Talor’s name is a typo, it isn’t. His first name is intentionally y-less thanks to a family custom in which his mom’s side of the family likes names to be without a “Y.”
But the tradition isn’t exclusive to Talor. His mother’s name is “Amber,” spelled A-M-B-R-E and his sister’s name is Cassidi, spelled as it sounds but with an “i” rather than a “y” at the end.
7. According to his PGA Tour bio page his favorite sports team is the Dallas Cowboys and he also uses a quarter from the 1960s as a ball marker.
8. Gooch lives in Midwest City, Oklahoma, the same place he was born back in 1991.
9. One of his local friends is Philadelphia Phillies catcher J.T. Realmuto, who have known each other since playing baseball together as 9-year-olds.
Get the Golf Monthly Newsletter
Tips on how to play better, latest equipment reviews, interviews with the biggest names and more.
A golfer for most of his life, Sam is a Senior Staff Writer for Golf Monthly.
Working with golf gear and equipment over the last six years, Sam has quickly built outstanding knowledge and expertise on golf products ranging from drivers, to balls, to shoes.
He combines this knowledge with a passion for helping golfers get the best gear for them, and as such Sam manages a team of writers that look to deliver the most accurate and informative reviews and buying advice. This is so the reader can find exactly what they are looking for.
Sam now spends most of his time testing and looking after golf gear content for the website, whilst he is also responsible for all content related to golf apparel.
He also oversees all Tour player content as well so if you need to know what clubs Tiger or Rory has in play, Sam is the person to ask.
Unfortunately, Sam is not a member of any club at the moment but regularly gets out on the golf course to keep up the facade of having a handicap of five.
Sam's What's In The Bag:
Driver: Titleist TS3 (9 degrees)
Fairway Wood: Callaway Paradym (15 degrees), Nike Covert Tour 2.0 (19 degrees)
Irons (4-PW): Titleist AP2
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM7 54˚, 58˚
Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5
Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond
Investec South African Open Championship Prize Money Payout 2023
Thriston Lawrence defends his title in Johannesburg as the new DP World Tour season continues
By Mike Hall Published
‘Jack Had The Better Career, Tiger Was More Dominant’ – Brandel Chamblee Gives Verdict On Golf’s GOAT Debate
The Golf Channel analyst offers his thoughts on who is the greatest of all time - Jack Nicklaus or Tiger Woods
By Mike Hall Published