Golf tips and expert instruction, golf club reviews and the latest golf equipment.
Thank you for signing up to Golf Monthly. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Get to know Vic Open champion David Law a little better...
10 Things You Didn't Know About David Law
David Law eagled the 72nd hole at the Vic Open to win his maiden European Tour title.
The Scotsman now has his European Tour playing rights but many will know little about him.
Get to know David Law a little better with these.
1. He is from Aberdeen, Scotland.
2. He won the Scottish Amateur Championship twice, in 2009 and 2011. He also won the Scottish Boys Amateur Championship.
3. He turned pro in 2011.
4. He has spent most of his professional career on the Challenge Tour as well as the MENA Tour and Pro Golf Tour.
5. His first Challenge Tour victory came at the 2018 Scottish Hydro Challenge after a period of two years without a top 10.
6. He was supported by the Paul Lawrie Foundation as a junior. The 1999 Open champion has been influential in Law's game, acting as his mentor.
7. He and his partner have a baby girl, born in December 2018. The pair had a baby boy, Freddie, stillborn in 2017.
8. The Official World Golf Ranking hasn't been updated yet due to the late finish at the Pebble Beach Pro-Am, but Law will likely move up to around no.210 from his current position of 376.
9. He is a Wilson Staff ambassador, currently using a Wilson Staff fairway, hybrid, set of irons and wedges. He has a Callaway driver, Odyssey putter and Titleist ball.
10. He is the first Scottish player to win in the 2019 European Tour season and first Scot to win on Tour since Russell Knox at the 2018 Irish Open.
Expand Scotland’s David Law wins ISPS Handa Vic Open
He claimed his first European Tour title in…
Expand Sunday Trading: Best Golf Deals This Week
We have picked out some of the best…
For all the latest golf news, check the Golf Monthly website and follow our social media channels
Elliott Heath is our Senior Staff Writer and has been with Golf Monthly since early 2016. He graduated in Sports Journalism in 2016 and currently manages the Golf Monthly news, courses and travel sections as well as our large Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages. Elliott has interviewed some huge names in the golf world including Sergio Garcia, Thomas Bjorn, Bernd Wiesberger and Scotty Cameron as well as a number of professionals on the DP World and PGA Tours. He has also covered the 2022 Masters from Augusta National as well as three Open Championships including at Carnoustie in 2018 when he was inside the ropes with Tiger Woods. He has played 31 of our Top 100 golf courses, with his favourites being both Sunningdales, Woodhall Spa, Old Head and Alwoodley. He currently plays at West Byfleet Golf Club in Surrey, where his handicap index floats anywhere between 4-6. His golfing highlight is making albatross on the 9th hole on the Hotchkin Course at Woodhall Spa, and he has made one hole-in-one.
Elliott is currently playing:
Driver: Honma TR20
3 wood: TaylorMade SIM2 Max
2 iron: Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi
Irons: Mizuno MP5 4-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX ZipCore 50, 54, 58
Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG #5
Ball: Titleist Pro V1x
'A Really Sad Day For Professional Golf' - McGinley On Prospective Legal Action
The "inevitable" legal battles will further damage the game of golf, according to the Irishman
By Andrew Wright • Published
'How Do You Like Them Apples?' Norman Aims Another Dig At PGA Tour
The Aussie couldn't resist taking a dig at the PGA Tour, as the war of words between the rival tours continues to escalate
By Andrew Wright • Published