Golf tips and expert instruction, golf club reviews and the latest golf equipment.
Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Get to know German European Tour player Max Kieffer a little better...
15 Things You Didn't Know About Max Kieffer
1. He was born in Bergisch Gladbach, to the east of Cologne, and he now lives in Dusseldorf, just north up the River Rhine
2. He started playing golf aged 5
3. He grew up playing at Hubbelrath Golf Club in Dusseldorf, the same course as Martin Kaymer
4. He was part of the winning European team at the 2010 St Andrews Trophy
5. He attended the University of Florida
6. He turned professional in 2010 off a handicap of +4
7. His only professional victory to date came at the 2012 Gujarat Kensville Challenge in India on the Challenge Tour
8. He has lost in two playoffs on the European Tour - at the 2013 Open de Espana and 2021 Austrian Open
9. His playoff defeat at the 2013 Open de Espana was record equalling as it lasted nine holes before Raphael Jacquelin sealed the title
10. At the 2015 Irish Open, he shot 65 to break the Royal County Down course record
11. He cites his interests as skiing, football and music
12. His career-best world ranking is 169th
13. Kieffer qualified for the Tokyo 2020 Olympics to represent Germany
14. He was inspired to be a professional golfer after watching Tiger Woods win the 1997 Masters
15. His biggest cheque as a pro was €149,500 at the 2021 Gran Canaria Lopesan Open
Elliott Heath is our Senior Staff Writer and has been with Golf Monthly since early 2016. He graduated in Sports Journalism in 2016 and currently manages the Golf Monthly news, courses and travel sections as well as our large Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages. Elliott has interviewed some huge names in the golf world including Sergio Garcia, Thomas Bjorn, Bernd Wiesberger and Scotty Cameron as well as a number of professionals on the DP World and PGA Tours. He has also covered the 2022 Masters from Augusta National as well as three Open Championships including at Carnoustie in 2018 when he was inside the ropes with Tiger Woods. He has played 31 of our Top 100 golf courses, with his favourites being both Sunningdales, Woodhall Spa, Old Head and Alwoodley. He currently plays at West Byfleet Golf Club in Surrey, where his handicap index floats anywhere between 4-6. His golfing highlight is making albatross on the 9th hole on the Hotchkin Course at Woodhall Spa, and he has made one hole-in-one.
Elliott is currently playing:
Driver: Honma TR20
3 wood: TaylorMade SIM2 Max
2 iron: Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi
Irons: Mizuno MP5 4-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX ZipCore 50, 54, 58
Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG #5
Ball: Titleist Pro V1x
'End Of An Era' - Golf World Reacts To EuroPro Tour Ending
The golfing world has reacted to the news that the PGA EuroPro Tour will fold after two decades
By James Hibbitt • Published
LIV Golf Payouts And Prize Money
The LIV Golf Series has seen huge prize payouts so far, and there's more to come in the final three events
By Mike Hall • Published