8 Things You Didn't Know About Chris Kirk
1. According to his PGA Tour profile Kirk was born in Atlanta, Georgia.
2. Kirk loves to spend time at the beach and is an avid kayaker, paddleboarder and fisherman.
3. He played college golf at the University of Georgia in Athens and was a member of their 2005 NCAA championship team. He also set a school record with seven individual victories, was a two-time first-team All-American and was awarded the Ben Hogan Award (given annually to the nation's top collegiate player) in 2007.
4. Kirk would turn professional in 2007.
5. Kirk has won four times on the PGA Tour. His four wins were the 2011 Viking Classic, 2013 McGladrey Classic, 2014 Deutsche Bank Championship, and 2015 Crown Plaza Invitational at Colonial.
6. On May 7, 2019, Kirk announced that he was to take an "indefinite leave" from golf to battle his struggles with alcohol and mental health. Then in 2020 he won in his eighth appearance back on the Korn Ferry Tour, at The King and Bear Classic in Florida.
This ended a four-year drought since his last win at Colonial on the PGA Tour in May 2015.
7. Kirk has represented the United States national team at the Walker Cup and Presidents Cup. He did so at the former in 2007 at Royal County Down. He played two matches and won one of them.
He played in the latter in 2015 and won one point from three matches. In both events he was on the winning team.
8. His wife is called Tahnee and they have three children together; Sawyer, Foster and Wilder
Get the Golf Monthly Newsletter
Tips on how to play better, latest equipment reviews, interviews with the biggest names and more.
A golfer for most of his life, Sam is a Senior Staff Writer for Golf Monthly.
Working with golf gear and equipment over the last six years, Sam has quickly built outstanding knowledge and expertise on golf products ranging from drivers, to balls, to shoes.
He combines this knowledge with a passion for helping golfers get the best gear for them, and as such Sam manages a team of writers that look to deliver the most accurate and informative reviews and buying advice. This is so the reader can find exactly what they are looking for.
Sam now spends most of his time testing and looking after golf gear content for the website, whilst he is also responsible for all content related to golf apparel.
He also oversees all Tour player content as well so if you need to know what clubs Tiger or Rory has in play, Sam is the person to ask.
Unfortunately, Sam is not a member of any club at the moment but regularly gets out on the golf course to keep up the facade of having a handicap of five.
Sam's What's In The Bag:
Driver: Titleist TS3 (9 degrees)
Fairway Wood: Callaway Paradym (15 degrees), Nike Covert Tour 2.0 (19 degrees)
Irons (4-PW): Titleist AP2
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM7 54˚, 58˚
Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5
Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond
What Golf Equipment Might Look Like In 2024
New product launches are less than a month away, here's what I think the golf gear landscape will look like in 2024
By Dan Parker Published
Why Rory McIlroy Quit Twitter – Before Surprising Return To Support Rollback Plans
The Ulsterman has taken to 'X' (formerly Twitter) to voice his support for the expected plans
By Michael Weston Published