Want to tick off some more Top 100 courses? Here we pick out some great English deals...
The Best Top 100 Winter Green Fees 2020 – England
The weather in England is inconsistent at the best of times, meaning that you’re not always guaranteed great weather in the summer.
You’re not guaranteed great weather in the winter either, although it does happen, but one thing you are guaranteed is great green fee deals.
Winter is the best time to grab a bargain and there are some really good value deals to be had on top 100 courses.
England is home to some of the world’s best links courses and this is where the value is due to their superb year-round conditioning.
However, saying that, there are also some great inland deals available too.
Below, we pick out the best top 100 deals available in England this winter.
- Trevose – £39 per round including a roast dinner on Sunday!
- Burnham and Berrow – Two rounds, B&B on-site £150 from Sunday to Thursday!
- Hillside – £85 for a midweek round until the end of February (Summer green fee £180, save £95)
- St Enodoc – £45 until the end of March…bargain!
- Saunton – £50 green fee until the end of Feb – Half price!
- Silloth on Solway – £35 until mid-March!
- Southport and Ainsdale – £75 Mon-Fri, half price on summer green fee
- West Lancs – £65 midweek (Summer rate £120 so almost half price)
- Woodhall Spa – £60 on the Hotchkin until end of April + superb £151 1 night, 2 rounds stay and play deal
- Ganton – £55 weekday round until end of Feb (Better than half price)
- Notts GC – £60 midweek until end of March + includes bacon roll & coffee pre-round on Mondays and Wednesdays
- Moortown – £40 per day(!) due to the closure of the 4th hole until the end of March
- West Hill – £85 per day midweek until end of March (bargain if you manage 36 holes – £140 summer day rate)
- Sherwood Forest – £170 fourball deal until end of March – £42.50 each including breakfast!
- Ferndown – £200 fourball including bacon bap and coffee (£50pp)
- Tandridge – £30 a round Mon, Wed or Thu until end of Feb
The Best Top 100 Winter Green Fees 2020 – England – Full list –
Note: courses in order of positioning in Golf Monthly’s UK and Ireland Top 100 rankings.
Summer green fee £245, save £60
Royal Lytham and St Annes
Royal St George’s
Usual summer green fee £230
Note: Play off mats due to 2020 Open Championship
Usual summer green fee £220
Burnham and Berrow
£80 March and April
£150 – 2 rounds on Championship, stay in Dormy House on-site, B&B Sun-Thu, £160 Fri or Sat
£120 midweek, £145 Sunday March
Usual summer green fee £180 midweek, £210 Sunday
Usual summer green fee £95 Mon-Fri, £100 Sat/Sun
£260 fourball Mon-Fri (£65pp), £280 fourball Sunday including soup and sandwich lunch (£70pp)
£90 Mon-Fri March, £95 Sunday March
£280 fourball Mon-Fri (£70pp), £300 fourball Sunday including soup and sandwich lunch (£75pp)
Usual summer green fee £165 Mon-Fri, £185 Sat/Sun
Usual summer rate £100
Silloth on Solway
£45 weekend until 15th March
£45 weekday 16th-29th March
£55 weekend 16th-29th March
Usual summer green fee £60 weekday, £70 weekend
Royal Cinque Ports
£440 fourball (£110pp) with tea/coffee and breakfast + soup and sandwiches
£170 usual summer rate Mon-Thu, £195 Fri-Sun
Southport and Ainsdale
£95 weekend until end of March
£150 Mon-Fri, £165 weekend usual summer rate
£100 usual summer rate
£45 until end of Feb including bacon roll and coffee, 25 range balls and 1 course lunch – minimum four people
£77/£87 usual summer rate 2019
£250 fourball weekend (£62.50pp)
£120 midweek, £140 weekend summer green fee rate
Royal North Devon
£50 Sun-Fri, £75 Saturday from March-April
£70 Sun-Fri, £80 Sat usual summer rate
Woodhall Spa – Hotchkin
£60 for the Hotchkin until the end of April
Usual summer rate on Hotchkin £99
St George’s Hill
£185 18 holes, £215 27 holes usual summer rate
£65 weekday, £70 weekend until end of March (£5/£7.50 cheaper for fourball)
£120 weekday/£140 weekend usual summer rate
£75 midweek, £100 Sunday pm April
£110/£130 usual summer green fee
£175 midweek, £230 weekend usual summer rate
£110 usual summer green fee
£120 per day Mon-Thu, £130 weekends usual summer rate
£105 per day usual summer rate
£120 usual summer rate for 18 holes, £130 day
£53 Twilight and county card Mon-Fri until end of Feb (£65 summer)
£95 weekend until end of Feb (£115 summer)
£169+ summer rate
£85 Mon-Fri all day until end of March (£140 summer)
£65 Saturday until end of Feb (£95 March, £125 summer)
£50 county card Sun-Fri until end of Feb (£50 March, £65 summer)
£65 county card Saturday until end of Feb (£65 March, £85 summer)
Summer rate £110-£140
£170 fourball inc breakfast until end of March (£42.50 each)
£299 fourball Mon-Wed until end of Feb (just under £75pp), £105pp in fourball Thur-Sun until end of Feb
The Belfry Brabazon
£200 fourball including bacon bap and coffee (£50pp)
£120 summer rate
Close House Lee Westwood Colt
£84 summer rate
For all the latest golf news, check the Golf Monthly website and follow our social media channels @golfmonthlymagazine on Facebook and @golfmonthly on Twitter and Instagram