Golf tips and expert instruction, golf club reviews and the latest golf equipment.
Thank you for signing up to Golf Monthly. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
9 Things You Didn't Know About Patrick Rodgers
1. Rodgers was born in Avon, Indiana.
2. He played on two Walker Cup teams in 2011 and 2013. In the 2011 loss, he won half a point from three matches, and then two years later he was on the winning US team. In that event he won two matches out of four.
3. In three years at Stanford, Rodgers equaled the all-time school record for wins held by Tiger Woods (opens in new tab) (11). In addition, he broke Woods' all-time scoring average record, finishing with a career scoring average of 70.32, besting Woods' mark of 70.96.
4. He won the 2014 Ben Hogan Award for being the nation's top amateur golfer, the same year he spent 16 weeks atop the World Amateur Golf Ranking. He would turn professional in 2014 as well.
5. Idolized Indiana Pacers great Reggie Miller and played basketball through his freshman year at Avon High School outside Indianapolis.
A photo posted by on
6. As of 2017, Rodgers has been in a relationship with Jade Gordon, who is a British stunt coordinator and film assistant. The two became engaged on December 28, 2017 and married on May 26, 2019 at the Vizcaya Museum & Gardens in Miami, Florida.
7. In the final event of 2018, Rodgers came close to winning his first PGA Tour title, after firing rounds of 61-62 at the weekend of the RSM Classic to enter a playoff with Charles Howell III. He lost the playoff on the second extra hole, when Howell III holed a birdie putt after Rodgers missed. He is yet to win on the PGA Tour.
8. Since turning professional in 2014, Rodgers has registered one victory, on the Korn Ferry Tour, the 2015 Pacific Rubiales Colombia Championship.
9. Rodgers follows the Indianapolis Colts, Pacers and St. Louis Cardinals.
A golfer for most of his life, Sam started playing the game to prove he was the best player out of his father and two brothers.
He quickly became a golf equipment expert and has always been the one family and friends come to for buying advice, and spends a lot of his time putting golf gear, apparel and shoes to the test.
He is a graduate of Swansea University where he studied History and American Studies, and he has been a part of the Golf Monthly team since February 2018. He also previously worked for World Soccer and Rugby World magazines.
A jack of all trades across print and digital formats, Sam now spends most of his time testing and looking after golf gear content for the website. He also oversees all Tour player content as well.
Unfortunately, Sam is not a member of any club at the moment but regularly gets out on the golf course to keep up the facade of having a handicap of five.
Sam is currently playing:
Driver: Titleist TS3
Fairway Wood: TaylorMade M5 (15 degrees), Nike Covert Tour 2.0 (19 degrees)
Irons (4-PW): Titleist AP2
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM7 54˚, 58˚
Putter: Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #6
Talor Gooch Comments Were 'Definitely Incorrect' - Justin Thomas
The newly-crowned PGA Champion has insisted his American counterpart was wrong to compare LIV Golf to the Ryder Cup
By James Hibbitt • Published
I Used A $70 Putter In A Competition And Here's What Happened
Will a cheaper putter keep you in the money on the greens?
By Martin Hopley • Published