Golf tips and expert instruction, golf club reviews and the latest golf equipment.
Thank you for signing up to Golf Monthly. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
10 Things You Didn't Know About Cameron Young
1. Young was born in Scarborough, New York on May 07, 1997.
2. At the moment Young is a Titleist staff player and plays a full bag of clubs from the brand.
3. Young attended Wake Forest University, a school famous for its college golf program. Whilst there he studied Economics and he graduated in 2019.
4. As a freshman, in 2015, he won the U.S. Collegiate Championship and the Warrior Princeville Makai Invitational, becoming the first Demon Deacon to win twice during the fall season since Bill Haas in 2002-03.
5. Young made it to the second round of the 2015 U.S. Amateur, losing to Spain’s Jon Rahm.
6. Young earned his first PGA Tour card with a No. 19 finish on the 2020-21 Korn Ferry Tour Regular Season Points List.
7. His father David Young was and still is the head professional at Sleepy Hollow Country Club in Westchester County, New York. He was instrumental along with his mom who played golf and his aunt is a teaching professional.
8. Young was a member of both the 2014 Junior Ryder Cup team and Junior World Cup team. At the former, he helped the USA win 16-8. He played in three matches, winning 1.5 points, including a win alongside fellow PGA Tour professional Davis Riley (pictured above).
9. He defeated some of the best juniors in the country to win the 2014 AJGA Polo Golf Junior Classic at PGA National in Palm Beach Gardens
10. Young made his U.S Open debut after earning medalist honors in the Purchase, N.Y., sectional qualifier. He shot 75-76 at Pebble Beach in 2019 to miss the cut.
A golfer for most of his life, Sam started playing the game to prove he was the best player out of his father and two brothers.
He quickly became a golf equipment expert and has always been the one family and friends come to for buying advice, and spends a lot of his time putting golf gear, apparel and shoes to the test.
He is a graduate of Swansea University where he studied History and American Studies, and he has been a part of the Golf Monthly team since February 2018. He also previously worked for World Soccer and Rugby World magazines.
A jack of all trades across print and digital formats, Sam now spends most of his time testing and looking after golf gear content for the website. He also oversees all Tour player content as well.
Unfortunately, Sam is not a member of any club at the moment but regularly gets out on the golf course to keep up the facade of having a handicap of five.
Sam is currently playing:
Driver: Titleist TS3
Fairway Wood: TaylorMade M5 (15 degrees), Nike Covert Tour 2.0 (19 degrees)
Irons (4-PW): Titleist AP2
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM7 54˚, 58˚
Putter: Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #6
JP McManus Pro-Am Tee Times And Groups Announced
Some massive names are set to tee it up at Adare Manor, with the groups for the two-day event now announced
By Matt Cradock • Published
St Andrews Hole Names
Every hole at the Home of Golf's legendary Old Course has a name, often as historic as the course itself
By Mike Hall • Published