Entries are closing soon for the Titleist FootJoy MatchPlay Championship and we have a great offer for Golf Monthly readers
Enter The Titleist FootJoy MatchPlay Championship!
How does the tournament work?
- Two separate competitions, Better-Ball pairs and an Individual competition
- Entry fee is £50 per pair and £25 for the Individual competition
- Closing date is Wednesday 17th May 2017 – play commences on June 1st
- The draw is made on a regional basis to minimise travelling
- Matches are played at home or opponents course – many courses offer courtesy
- Up to four knockout matches played between June and end of September
- Stroke allowance is 9/10 difference in Better-Ball and full difference in Individual
- Winners of four matches qualify for one of up to 8 regional finals in October
- Leading pairs and individuals at regional finals qualify for the Grand Final in January 2018
At least 44 golfers will win the fantastic prize of a place at the Grand Final including:
- Return flights from UK to Faro
- Transfers from Faro airport to Vale do Lobo
- 5 nights / single room accommodation in the luxury apartments at Vale do Lobo
- Practice round & four competitive rounds – 2 on the Royal Course and 2 on the Ocean Course
- FootJoy tournament logo’d polo shirt, a dozen Titleist ProV1 balls and cap
- Welcome drinks party and presentation dinner
- Fantastic prizes sponsored by Titleist & FootJoy
- National title – Better- Ball & Individual Champions
- Serious fun to be had by all
As a Golf Monthly reader we would like to offer you a 12 month subscription to Golf Monthly when you enter the pairs championship and six FREE Titleist Pro V1 balls of your choice when you enter the Individual championship.
We can accept your entry up to Wednesday 17th May and your golf balls will be sent to you in June.
The price is £50 for the pairs and £25 for the singles.
Full details of the Titleist FootJoy Matchplay Championship can be viewed at the website
To enter, visit: https://www.matchplay.co.uk/matchplay/matchplaygolf.aspx?PC=GM_17
Elliott Heath is our Senior Staff Writer and has been with Golf Monthly since early 2016 after graduating with a degree in Sports Journalism. He manages the Golf Monthly news, features, courses and travel sections as well as our large Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages. Elliott has interviewed some huge names in the golf world including Sergio Garcia, Thomas Bjorn, Bernd Wiesberger and Scotty Cameron as well as a number of professionals on the DP World and PGA Tours. He covered the 2022 Masters from Augusta National as well as four Open Championships on-site including the 150th at St Andrews. He has played 35 of our Top 100 golf courses, with his favourites being both Sunningdales, Woodhall Spa, Old Head and Turnberry. He has been obsessed with the sport since the age of 8 and currently plays at West Byfleet Golf Club in Surrey, where his handicap index floats anywhere between 2-6. His golfing highlights are making albatross on the 9th hole on the Hotchkin Course at Woodhall Spa, shooting an under-par round, playing in the Aramco Team Series on the Ladies European Tour and making his one and only hole-in-one at the age of 15 - a long time ago now!
Elliott is currently playing:
Driver: Titleist TSR4
3 wood: TaylorMade SIM2 Max
Hybrid: TaylorMade SIM Max
Irons: Mizuno MP5 4-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX ZipCore 50, 54, 58
Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG #5
Ball: Titleist Pro V1x
Rory McIlroy Reveals Tense Text Exchange With Sergio Garcia Over LIV Golf
The 33-year-old told the Irish Independent the exchange happened at this year's US Open
By Mike Hall • Published
The Daunting Task Asian Tour Players Face To Reach The World’s Top 50
Players would need a huge number of wins on the Tour to reach the landmark position in the world rankings
By Mike Hall • Published