The 2019 US Amateur Champion is making his Masters debut
Who Is Andy Ogletree? 10 Things You Didn't Know About Him
Andy Ogletree makes his Masters debut after winning the 2019 US Amateur Championship at Pinehurst.
He is one of the six amateurs vying to win the famed Silver Cup.
The young American plays with his boyhood idol Tiger Woods in the opening two rounds.
Related: Best Black Friday Golf Deals
Get to know him better with these 10 facts...
Who Is Andy Ogletree?
1. He was born and raised in Union, Mississippi
2. He led his team to win the Mississippi State Championship in 2016
3. He also won the 2016 Mississippi Individual State Championship
4. He attended Georgia Tech University
5. He became the third Georgia Tech student to win the US Amateur Championship in 2019, after Bobby Jones and Matt Kuchar. He beat John Augenstein 2&1 in the final at Pinehurst
6. Thanks to his US Amateur victory, he qualified for the 2020 US Open, 2020 Masters and 2021 Open Championship (after the 2020 Open was cancelled)
7. He played in the winning US Walker Cup side at Royal Liverpool in 2019, where he won 1.5 points from four matches
8. He is yet to decide whether to turn pro after The Masters, with an exemption into the 2021 Open and the Walker Cup taking place next year
9. Ahead of the 2020 Masters, he ranked 6th in the World Amateur Golf Ranking
10. He has played in four PGA Tour events this year - the Charles Schwab Challenge, RBC Heritage, Memorial Tournament and US Open. He is yet to make a cut
Early Black Friday Deals -
A rangefinder with excellent value, this Rife RX5 model provides highly accurate distance measurements whilst also maintaining a sleek design. It also caters for slope measurements and has a flag lock feature too, right now you can get one with £100 off.
Stewart Golf has improved its R1 Push cart with this R1-S model. During testing we thought the folding mechanism worked excellently and the ease of use when walking and pushing it makes it one of the best golf carts around. Add a splash of colour and a huge saving and you have a winner.
Stewart Golf R1-S Push Cart Review
For all the latest golf news, check the Golf Monthly website and follow our social media channels @golfmonthlymagazine on Facebook and @golfmonthly on Twitter and Instagram
Why Tiger Woods Will Be At St Andrews in July
The 15-time Major winner will likely be at the 150th Open next year, even if he's not fit enough to play...
By Elliott Heath •
Golf's Governing Bodies Crack Down On Green Reading Books
A new model local rule has been revealed in the hope of stopping players and caddies using books to read greens
By Elliott Heath •