Keegan Bradley is an American professional golfer on the PGA Tour. He has won six times on tour, most notably the 2011 PGA Championship in his Major debut. He is one of only three players to win in their first Major start.
Get to know Keegan Bradley better with these facts…
1. Keegan Hansen Bradley was born on 7 June 1986 in Woodstock, Vermont.
2. The American comes from a big golfing family. His father, Mark, is a fellow golf professional and his aunt is LPGA legend and world golf hall of famer, Pat Bradley.
3. While growing up, Bradley was actually an all-state ski racer, but as a teenager he decided to pursue golf instead.
4. Bradley attended St John's University in New York City, winning nine collegiate events before graduating in 2008.
5. His hobbies include skiing, baseball and fishing.
6. After turning professional in 2008, Bradley spent two years playing on the SwingThought and Nationwide Tour. He finished the 2010 season 14th on the money list, earning himself a PGA Tour card for 2011.
7. Bradley's best season to date on the PGA Tour actually came in his debut year back in 2011. The American would win twice, the HP Byron Nelson Championship and the PGA Championship. He was later awarded Rookie of the Year.
8. The victory at the PGA Championship was an historic one, as Bradley became only the third player ever to win a Major in his first start, alongside Francis Ouimet (1913) and Ben Curtis (2003). He also became the first golfer to win a Major with a long putter.
9. Bradley is a hardcore sports fan, and recognizes the Boston Celtics, Boston Red Sox and New England Patriots as his favorite sports teams.
10. In 2012, Bradley had more success, claiming the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational, becoming the 11th player ever to win a Major and a WGC event.
12. After a six-year winless drought, Bradley won the BMW Championship in 2018. The win was the fourth of his career and third win from a playoff. He beat Justin Rose.
13. Bradley's dream fourball would be his dad, Ben Hogan and Tom Brady.
14. The American is sponsored by Srixon, Cleveland Golf and Putnam Investments. Bradley is also a close friend to the legendary basketballer, Michael Jordan, and is often seen wearing his Air Jordans at tournaments.
15. Bradley uses a mixed bag of clubs; with a TaylorMade driver, Titleist woods, Srixon irons and Odyssey putter.
16. He has made over $41 million in his career.
17. He averaged 305.6 yards in driving distance for the 2023 PGA Tour season.
19. He has represented the USA at the 2012 and 2014 Ryder Cups, and the 2013 Presidents Cup.
20. He has a superstition to always mark his ball with the coin head’s up.
How far does Keegan Bradley hit the ball?
Bradley averaged 305.6 yards in driving distance for the 2023 PGA Tour season. He had a 58.5 percent driving accuracy in the same year, and ranked 51st in total driving on tour.
Keegan Bradley career earnings
Bradley has made over $41 million in his career. His best year in terms of prize money was 2023, when he earned just over $9m.
Get the Golf Monthly Newsletter
Subscribe to the Golf Monthly newsletter to stay up to date with all the latest tour news, equipment news, reviews, head-to-heads and buyer’s guides from our team of experienced experts.
Matt joined Golf Monthly in February 2021 covering weekend news, before also transitioning to equipment and testing. After freelancing for Golf Monthly and The PGA for 18 months, he was offered a full-time position at the company in October 2022 and continues to cover weekend news and social media, as well as help look after Golf Monthly’s many buyers’ guides and equipment reviews.
Taking up the game when he was just seven years of age, Matt made it into his county squad just a year later and continues to play the game at a high standard, with a handicap of around 2-4. To date, his best round came in 2016, where he shot a six-under-par 66 having been seven-under through nine holes. He currently plays at Witney Lakes in Oxfordshire and his favourite player is Rory McIlroy, despite nearly being struck by his second shot at the 17th during the 2015 BMW PGA Championship.
Matt’s current What’s In The Bag?
Driver: Honma TW747, 8.75°
Fairway Wood: TaylorMade Rocketballz Stage 2, 15°, 19°
Hybrid: Adams Super Hybrid, 22°
Irons: Mizuno MP54, 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Tour Satin, 50°, 56°, 60°
Putter: Cleveland TFI 2135 Satin Cero
Ball: Titleist Pro V1x
- Joel KulasinghamNews Writer
Cognizant Classic Tee Times - Round Three
Rory McIlroy will look to chase down leader Bud Cauley who makes just his second start since a three-year layoff
By Ben Fleming Published
Who Is Bud Cauley's Caddie?
Bud Cauley has the experience of hall-of-fame caddie Tony Navarro by his side as he makes his return to the PGA Tour
By Ben Fleming Published