10 Things You Didn't Know About Hayden Buckley
1. His full name is Charles Hayden Buckley and was born March 1, 1996.
2. He won the 2019 ATB Financial Classic on the PGA Tour Canada and the 2021 LECOM Suncoast Classic on the Korn Ferry Tour
3. Buckley attended the University of Missouri where he studied Health Science. As such he loves the Missouri Tigers and was named the Mizzou Male Athlete of the Year in 2018.
4. At high school he helped his team to three state titles and four consecutive district championships during his high school tenure.
5. His earliest golf memory is hitting with plastic clubs in his grandfather's yard. He was swinging left handed and was promptly yelled at to turn around to the right side.
6. His college roommate was a country music singer/songwriter who helped him fall in love with playing the guitar. Buckley brings his guitar when he travels and uses it to relax after a long day.
7. Spent two weeks in China teaching kids English and sharing his passion for golf. In fact his favorite memory off the course was playing a pickup basketball game in front of over 200 kids at a school in China. Very few could speak English, but he says they all wanted autographs and pictures.
8. Buckley was born in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
9. In early high school he was actually more interested in baseball, like his father. In fact his dad played baseball in college, but he says that after sitting on the bench for a year, he ended his baseball career to focus on attending medical school.
10. Buckley enjoys hunting and fishing when not on the golf course.
Get the Golf Monthly Newsletter
Tips on how to play better, latest equipment reviews, interviews with the biggest names and more.
A golfer for most of his life, Sam is a Senior Staff Writer for Golf Monthly.
Working with golf gear and equipment over the last six years, Sam has quickly built outstanding knowledge and expertise on golf products ranging from drivers, to balls, to shoes.
He combines this knowledge with a passion for helping golfers get the best gear for them, and as such Sam manages a team of writers that look to deliver the most accurate and informative reviews and buying advice. This is so the reader can find exactly what they are looking for.
Sam now spends most of his time testing and looking after golf gear content for the website, whilst he is also responsible for all content related to golf apparel.
He also oversees all Tour player content as well so if you need to know what clubs Tiger or Rory has in play, Sam is the person to ask.
Unfortunately, Sam is not a member of any club at the moment but regularly gets out on the golf course to keep up the facade of having a handicap of five.
Sam's What's In The Bag:
Driver: Titleist TS3 (9 degrees)
Fairway Wood: Callaway Paradym (15 degrees), Nike Covert Tour 2.0 (19 degrees)
Irons (4-PW): Titleist AP2
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM7 54˚, 58˚
Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5
Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond
32 Reasons Behind Golf's No.1 Pet Peeve... Slow Play!
Slow play has become a common topic of conversation both at golf clubs and out on tour. Here, we highlight some of the factors contributing to the issue
By Jeremy Ellwood Published
Should You Buy Second Hand Golf Clubs?
Is purchasing second hand golf clubs a good idea? We weigh up the pros and cons to assist your decision making
By James Hogg Published